The bidding process for WCE2027
We are now open for applications to host the next World Congress on Endometriosis in 2027 (WCE2027). Congress bids will only be accepted from senior scientists/clinicians in the field of endometriosis and adenomyosis.
The bid process for WCE2027:
- Expression of Interest (EOI) – An expression of interest must be completed using the WCE2027_Expression of Interest Online Form. The completed form must include justification and evidence, as to why the city and organising team should be considered by the WES Executive Board as suitable hosts for WCE2027. The form should be completed by the bid chair and should be no more than 4 pages. The WES Executive Board will then review and consider these submissions. Up to four of the strongest submissions will be invited to submit a full proposal.
In considering the EOIs the WES Executive Board will consider the following:
– The calibre and experience of the proposed Local Organising Committee
– The conference location, preferred venue and proposed dates
– International access to the region and the accommodation facilities
- Full Proposal – The submission of a full proposal is by invitation only. Guidelines for this proposal will be sent with the invitation. The WES Executive Board will then consider these proposals and score them (based on a pre-defined scoring system).
- Selection – The final decision will be made by the WES Executive Board by means of a vote after presentations from each applicant(s).
Open for Expression of Interest (EOI): 15 December 2023
Deadline EOI: 15 March 2024
Invitations sent out by WES for full bid: 1 April 2024
Due date full bid: 30 June 2024
Applicants’ presentations to WES Board: 15 July 2024
Applicants notified of result: 22 July 2024
Formal announcement of the winner: during the Closing Ceremony of WCE2025 in Sydney on 24 MAY 2025.
Information for applicants
The World Endometriosis Society’s (WES) World Congress in Endometriosis (WCE) is a biennial event. The conference attracts 800-1200 delegates with a programme consisting of two components: scientific and social.
Conference Centre – a plenary room that can hold 800 – 1200 delegates (keynote lectures, opening and closing ceremony) and 6 – 8 additional session rooms plus a large poster and exhibition area. Catering includes morning and afternoon tea and lunch on conference days.
Hotels – should be available in different star categories and close to the conference centre (or easy to reach).
Social activities – opening ceremony (drinks/canapes for ~800 delegates) and conference party (dinner and entertainment for ~800 delegates).
Dates – WCE is a biennial event and should be held during the month of May. Typically, precongress workshops are held on the Wednesday (with the opening ceremony that evening) followed by two full days of the congress on the Thursday and Friday and a half day on the Saturday (followed by the closing ceremony).
Location – WCE is a global congress and thus rotates regions (Europe, North America, Asia/Oceania, and South America/Africa) and welcome interest from all regions in hosting WCE2027.
Who – The Local Organising Committee (LOC) is responsible for the bid. The bid must include within the LOC two Co-Presidents of WCE2024 – one a senior clinician and one a senior scientist in the field of endometriosis and adenomyosis who will jointly lead congress development and act as hosts of the event. Tourist boards and conference centres can work with the LOC to create the bid but the bid itself must come from the local endometriosis- and adenomyosis-focused community. The WES board will collaborate closely with the winning LOC to organise the conference with Waldron Smith Management serving as the PCO on behalf of WES.
Other important issues: venue costs (including Wi-Fi, catering and logistics etc.), international accessibility of the city, eco-friendliness of a venue, anticipated sponsorship, gender-balance of LOC. WES will, at all times, be ‘owner’ and official organiser of the congress (thus legally and financially responsible).
All submissions should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org