- Professor, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Japan
- Vice President, University of Tokyo Hospital, Japan
- President, Japan Society of Gynecologic and Obstetric Endoscopy and Minimally Invasive Therapy
- Vice President, Japan Society for Reproductive Medicine
- Vice President, Japan Society of Fertilization and Implantation
Professor Osuga received his MD in 1985 and PhD in 1995 from the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Tokyo, Japan. He completed his OB/GYN residency training at the University of Tokyo and subsequently trained as a postdoctoral fellow in the field of ovarian physiology in Stanford University from 1995 to 1997.
Professor Osuga provides clinical services in gynaecology and reproductive medicine with a special expertise in laparoscopic surgery and assisted reproductive technology. His main research targets cover a wide variety of physiology and pathology of reproduction including endometriosis, implantation, folliculogenesis, and reproductive aging. He has authored more than 300 research papers published in eminent peer-reviewed international journals and has written and edited many textbooks.
He serves as an executive board member of several medical groups and associations and as an editor of several international journals. He is frequently sought out to provide his expertise at international medical conferences and academic institutions.
Yutaka Osuga was appointed a WES Ambassador in August 2019.