- Board Member – Sociedad Argentina de Cirugía Laparoscópica
- Board Member – Sociedad Argentina de Endometriosis
- Medical Director – San Isidro Medicina, San Isidro, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Staff Member – Fertilab, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Staff Member – Faculty 1000
- Founding Member – Sociedad Argentina de Cirugía Laparoscópica, World Endometriosis Society, Sociedad Argentina de Endometriosis
- Honorific Specialist in Reproductive Medicine, Sociedad Argentina de Medicina Reproductiva
- Certified High Complexity Laparoscopic Surgeon – Sociedad Argentina de Cirugía Laparoscópica
- Sponsor & Advisor – Mujeres Argentina con Endometriosis
- Past President – Sociedad Argentina de Endometriosis
- Past Editor in Chief – “Reproducción” (medical journal – Fundación Nicholson)
- Past Editor in Chief – “Fertilidad” (medical journal – Instituto de Fertilidad)
Dr Edgardo D. Rolla completed his medical studies and graduated from Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Buenos Aires. Later he was an intern, resident in gynecology and Chief of Residents at the Hospital de Clínicas José de San Martín, Universidad de Buenos Aires.
Dr Edgardo D. Rolla pioneered laparoscopy in Argentina since 1974 and practised laparoscopic surgeries after 1990. He developed an early interest in endometriosis and infertility, performing assisted reproductive procedures since 1992. Currently he integrates an interdisciplinary surgical team dedicated to the treatment of deep infiltrating endometriosis with Prof Dr Jorge Grondona (Gastrointestinal Surgeon).
Founding member of the Argentinian laparoscopic surgery and endometriosis societies, he was also a founding member of WES at Quebec in 1998, Since 2014 he actively participates in the activities of different patients´ associations and is a current sponsor and medical advisor of the Mujeres Argentinas con Endometriosis, the leading patient society in Argentina. As an active member of Sociedad de Obstetricia y Ginecología de Buenos Aires and the local laparoscopic surgeons´ and endometriosis societies he routinely gives lectures and participates in debates related to endometriosis at various meetings across Argentina .
He has participated as Principal Investigator in trials for new drugs for endometriosis: AbbVie (Elagolix), Repros (Proellex), and currently Myovant (Relugolix).
He is considered an expert and opinion leader in endometriosis, and is a recognised specialist by the local pharmaceutical industry.
Dr Rolla has been a WES Ambassador since 2011.