- Professor with tenure and Division Head of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Faculty of Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Dr Mohamed Ali Bedaiwy MD, PhD, FACOG, FRCSC, is double certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology in obstetrics and gynaecology and reproductive endocrinology and infertility. He is a fellow of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology and a fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
Dr Bedaiwy received his medical degree from Assiut University School of Medicine, Egypt, where he graduated Valedictorian, summa cum laude.
Dr Bedaiwy completed:
- Residency in obstetrics and gynaecology and reproductive endocrinology and infertility at the University Hospital Case Medical Center, CWRU, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
- Fellowship in minimally invasive surgery at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
- Fellowship in reproductive endocrinology and infertility in the Division of Reproductive Sciences, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
- PhD from the University of Maastricht, The Netherlands.
Dr Bedaiwy is a prolific author with over 350 peer reviewed papers, abstracts, book chapters, and videos. He was also the associate editor of Human Reproduction (2012-2016) and currently on the editorial board of the Journal of Minimally Invasive Gynecology. Dr Bedaiwy has had a career-long interest in high quality medical care, research, and education. He was the scientific programme chair of WCE2017.
Dr Bedaiwy’s research is focused on advancing basic and clinical knowledge about endometriosis, infertility, ART, and early pregnancy complications. He also has interest in minimally invasive surgery and fertility preservation. Dr Bedaiwy has served as chairperson of postgraduate courses at ASRM, WCE, and the AAGL that deal with different aspects of reproductive surgery, endometriosis, and infertility enhancing procedures. He has served on review committees for the NICHD and is an oral examiner for the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. Dr Bedaiwy has been the recipient of many international awards for surgical and research excellence at different societies from Egypt, Jordan, Australia, Canada, and USA.
Dr Bedaiwy was appointed a WES Ambassador in 2018.