- Professor, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Valencia School of Medicine, Spain
- Dean, University of Valencia School of Medicine, Spain.
- Chairman, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, La Fe University Hospital, Valencia, Spain
- President of the IVI Foundation for the Study of Reproduction, Valencia, Spain
- Director of Equipo IVI, Valencia, Spain
- Co-Editor, Fertility and Sterility
After obtaining his MD from the University of Valencia and establishing a distinguished academic career, Professor Pellicer founded the Instituto Valenciano de Infertilidad (IVI), and his work in the field of fertility has led to the establishment of several IVI clinics both in Spain and internationally.
Professer Pellicer has won many awards for his contribution to the field of reproductive health. He was awarded the Annual Meeting Prize Paper, American Society for Reproductive Medicine, six times between 1987 and 2005; the XXV Society for Gynecological Investigation President’s Award in 2002; the King Jaime I Prize in Clinical Medicine, King Jaime I Foundation, in 2004; the Gold Medal of the Royal College of Physicians, Valencia, in 2006; the Gold Medal of the City of Valencia, in 2006; the Rotary Prize in 2007; and the Prize Foundation Lilly in 2008. He is Docor Honoris Causa by the Politechnic University of Valencia. He has also authored over 200 textbook chapters and 500 journal articles in international journals, and presented over 350 lectures at national and international symposia.
Professor was among the 11 pioneers honoured by the World Endometriosis Society at the 11th World Congress on Endometriosis, Montpellier, France, in September 2011.